Our hugely popular drop-in football sessions run throughout the year on Saturday mornings at 1030 and are for boys and girls of all ages and abilities. From May during term time we are also running drop-in football session on Friday afternoons at 1630.
The weekly session runs on Wandsworth Common in the Dog Free Zone (the fenced off area next to the Skylark Cafe by Dorlcote Road) and we welcome everyone aged 2 to 14. The kids are all split down into age groups so they’re working alongside others of a similar ability.
It is also possible for you to set up your own private football group, all you need is between 8 and 10 children who are keen to have fun playing football, want to learn and are happy to listen!
Our high level of football coaching expertise is used to develop the skill and technique of each child. We structure session plans that aim for specific learning outcomes of mobility, fitness, technical ability, strategy & social skills;
- Mobility – to develop speed, agility, co-ordination and flexibility
- Fitness – to increase cardio-vascular fitness and endurance levels
- Technical ability – to improve control and passing
- Strategy – for discipline, positioning, teamwork and awareness
- Social skills – to teach the value of winning (but not over character and performance), listening, interaction and interpersonal